Volunteering using online platforms is an innovative way to help and motivate many around the world with your talents, knowledge, and experiences. Through our volunteer options, you get to connect with non-profit partners, specific communities, organizations and/or schools in different destinations.
Many in the developing world don’t have access or conditions to connect with others using a camera. Here are some ways to connect:
- Share your time, talents, knowledge or class with partner schools, communities or organizations.
- Sing, perform or showcase any ability inside a community center, foster home, elderly home, etc.
- Help people and communities with essential translation or tutoring services in English, Spanish, or French.
Our volunteering experiences are easy to set up and can be added as an additional component to a session or workshop. Please inquire below if you or your organization is interested in participating in our virtual volunteering programs.
Virtual Fundraising events
Your group or organization can request help with virtual fundraising experiences (dance class, cooking class, etc). Vamonos Tours, our parent company, has already sponsored two major virtual fundraising events in 2018 and 2019. We partnered with Minecraft to raise funds for hurricane relief efforts in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. Find out more here: www.lovetropics.com.
Request more information If you would like to virtually volunteer or if you have more questions. Tell us what you would like to share with others, and we will connect you with a specific organization.
Helpful Non-Vi-Volunteer Resources:
- Translators Without Borders – offers language and translation support for global humanitarian and development agencies. Volunteers who are fluent in at least one language other than English are needed to translate words for medical texts, crisis response, and other needs.
- Be My Eyes is a free mobile app whose purpose is to make the world more accessible for blind and low-vision people. The app connects blind and low-vision individuals with sighted volunteers (like you!) from all over the world through a live video call. You can choose which language (s) you’re able to use to help.
- UPchieve – is a free, online platform that connects low-income high school students in the US with live, volunteer math tutors (that’s you!) any time they need it, especially during this time of school closures. The volunteer experience is ultra-flexible so you can help students from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Missing Maps -is an open, collaborative project in which you can help to map areas where humanitarian organizations are trying to meet the needs of parts of the world that are vulnerable to natural disasters, conflicts, and disease epidemics. Join thousands of others in coordinated humanitarian projects to map OpenStreetMap and support communities in need.
- Zooniverse connects students with exciting research being conducted around the world. Pick from active projects in the Arts, Biology, Climate, History, Language, Literature, Medicine, Nature, Physics, Social Science, or Space. Live penguin counting is our favorite.
- Volunteer Match – is a site where you can find volunteer opportunities to help people in need virtually during Covid19.
- Amnesty Decoder – Amnesty International strives to combat human rights violations around the world. As an Amnesty Decoder, you can use your smartphone and computer to help the organization sift through images and documents to protect vulnerable populations.
- Citizen Science– helps several federal agencies advance projects through public crowdsourcing. The variety is astounding, and the offerings span the globe. There is clearly something for everyone! You just have to spend some time sorting through your options.