Our workshops and demonstrations are live and highly diverse. They range in topic anywhere from a salsa dance course to cooking lessons and beyond. They are offered in English, Spanish, French.
They are offered to small groups up to 8 participants or to live interactive audiences via webinars for larger groups. Sessions can be experienced at home, at school, or at any location with internet access.
Each workshop includes:
- ✅ Live local speakers who lead the workshop
- ✅ Your Immersion host for extra support
- ✅ Pre-session preparation: includes tools, and materials needed
- ✅ Structured, engaging & interactive approach
- ✅ Q&A opportunities
- ✅ Post- session activities: workshops, music & travel opportunities
- ✅ Private, safe and secured connection
Active & Cultural
- Salsa Group Lessons: Learn the key steps in this great team building workshop. Choose instructors from Puerto Rico, Miami, or Panama.
- Afro-Boricua Bomba Dance Workshop – Discover the steps, history, sounds, and movements of the drums and voices that represent the soul of Puerto Rico.
- Creole Music, Dances, & Games – Learn fun dances and games, along with some live percussion, as you find out how music and mother earth played a key role in offering Martinique slaves a respite from slavery.
- Puerto Rican Dance Styles from 16th Century to Today: a folkloric group from Puerto Rico will show us, live, the dance styles, outfits, codes, and moves from colonial Spain to today.
- Boxing 101: Learn the basics of boxing and/or kickboxing as you stay in shape with fun and challenging exercises, live!
- Zumba or Other Dance Styles: Our instructors are eager to lead groups in any basic or advanced dance lessons. Let us know your preference and we’ll teach you, live!
Cultural Culinary Classes
- Puerto Rican Empanadillas – Learn how to make these and find out just how different are Mexican tacos from Puerto Rican ones.
- Sorullos – Our local chefs will delight groups with their interactive lessons on corn-filled “sorullos.”
- Cacao-Making in Costa Rica – Where does chocolate come from? Is it easy to make it? Meet Costa Rica farmers and find out how to make homemade chocolate
- Gallo Pinto for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner – Learn to make Gallo Pinto, Costa Rica’s traditional dish that is prepared with the one and only Lizano sauce.
- Accras de Morue 101 – Learn how to make Martinique’s most common and authentic creole snack (in French with optional English translation).
- Caribbean series
- Latino series
- USA series
- World’s Natural Wonders series
- Puerto Rico (BioBays, Caves & Forest)
- Venezuela (Canaima & Amazon)
- Costa Rica (Volcanoes and Fauna)
- Panama (San Blas Islands)
We also offer premium workshops that may include pre-shipped materials.